The logo image filename. You will have to upload it by clicking on the Attach link after saving this page.
The screenshot image filename. You will have to upload it by clicking on the Attach link after saving this page. Do not forget to fill the caption below.
The list of contributors to the project. The best is to link towards their profile page on this site
Ex. Kim Mens
A list of tags separated by blank spaces.
Context-oriented programming (COP) is a programming paradigm geared towards the dynamic adaptability of software systems. Now a days computing devices count with a large variety of sensors to access information of their surrounding environment, such as location, temperature, noise level, or even internal conditions about the device in which an application is running as the battery level. Each of such situations that is semantically meaningful for the application is reified as context and is associated with an specific behavioral adaptation. Behavioral adaptations are made available or unavailable according to the applications's surrounding environment.
Context Petri nets (CoPN) (read co-pen) is a Petri net-based runtime model for COP languages. Contexts and dependency relations in a COP system are defined in CoPN by means of a language level abstraction suited for COP programmers. At runtime CoPN is used for the management of the activation and deactivation of contexts. Every change in the surrounding environment that is semantically significant for the application is processed by the CoPN. If the change can be reified as a context activation (deactivation) the corresponding behavioral adaptation will be deployed (withhold) from the system.
context Petri nets (CoPN) is available for download under the GPL public license which is part of the distribution below.
Check out the Subjective-C web page
- Current state
- Related Publications
- Identification and Management of Inconsistencies in Dynamically Adaptive Software Systems. Nicolás Cardozo. Université catholique de Louvain.
- Modeling and Analyzing Self-Adaptive Systems with Context Petri Nets. Nicolás Cardozo, Sebastián González, Kim Mens, Ragnhild Van Der Straeten?, Theo DHondt'. Proceedings of the Symposyum on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering.
- Uniting Global and Local Context Behavior with Context Petri Nets. Nicolás Cardozo, Sebastián González, Kim Mens, Theo DHondt'. 4th International Workshop on Context-Oriented Programming.
- Context Petri Nets: Enabling Consistent Composition of Context-Dependent Behavior. Nicolás Cardozo, Jorge Vallejos, Sebastián González, Kim Mens, Theo DHondt'. International Workshop on Petri Nets and Software Engineering.
- Context Petri Nets: Definition and Manipulation. Nicolás Cardozo, Sebastián González, Kim Mens, Theo DHondt'. Université catholique de Louvain, Vrije Universiteit Brussel.