In this theme we investigate advanced mechanisms, languages, formalisms, methodologies and tools to support software engineers during maintenance and evolution of a software system. This includes a variety of techniques to:
- detect, discover and verify structural and behavioral regularities in software systems;
- co-design and co-evolve a software system and its structural and behavioral regularities;
- early detect inconsistencies and irregularities in the software upon evolution of that software;
- deal with variability in software development;
- support software restructuring, re-engineering and reverse engineering in general.
External Partners: None
- Automated Assessment of Correctness of Recommendation Systems. Angela Lozano, Andy Kellens, Kim Mens. Proc. of the 3rd Int'l Workshop on Recommendation Systems for Software Engineering.
- Diagnosing and Correcting Design Inconsistencies in Source Code with Logical Abduction. Sergio Castro, Coen De Roover, Andy Kellens, Angela Lozano, Kim Mens, Theo D’Hondt. Science of Computer Programming.
- Assessing Architectural Evolution: a Case Study. Michel Wermelinger, Yijun Yu, Angela Lozano, Andrea Capiluppi. Empirical Software Engineering.
- Mendel: Source Code Recommendation based on a Genetic Metaphor. Angela Lozano, Andy Kellens, Kim Mens. Proceedings of the 26th IEEE/ACM international conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2011).
- Enforcing Structural Regularities in Software using IntensiVE. Johan Brichau, Andy Kellens, Sergio Castro, Theo D'Hondt. Science of Computer Programming: Experimental Software and Toolkits (EST 3).
- Diagnosis and Semi-automatic Correction of Detected Design Inconsistencies in Source Code. Sergio Castro, Johan Brichau, Kim Mens. IWST'09: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies (IWST 2009).
- Evolution Issues in Aspect-Oriented Programming. Kim Mens, Tom Tourwé. Software Evolution.
- Evolutionary Problems in Aspect-Oriented Software Development. Kim Mens, Tom Tourwé . Proceedings of the Third International ERCIM Symposium on Software Evolution (Software Evolution 2007).
- Aspect-Oriented Software Evolution. Tom Mens, Kim Mens, Tom Tourwé. ERCIM News.
- Maintaining Software through Intentional Source-Code Views. Kim Mens, Tom Mens, Michel Wermelinger. SEKE02: Proceedings of the 14th international conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering.
- Supporting software evolution with intentional software views. Kim Mens, Tom Mens, Michel Wermelinger. IWPSE '02: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Principles of Software Evolution.
- Managing Unanticipated Evolution of Software Architectures. Kim Mens, Tom Mens, Bart Wouters?, Roel Wuyts. Object-Oriented Technology – ECOOP 1998 Workshop Reader.
- Assessing the Evolvability of Software Architectures. Tom Mens, Kim Mens. Object-Oriented Technology – ECOOP 1998 Workshop Reader.
- Combining Behavioural and Structural Software Descriptions. Kim Mens, Tom Mens, Patrick Steyaert, Koen De Hondt?. Object-Oriented Technology – ECOOP 1997 Workshop Reader.
- Managing Software Evolution through Reuse Contracts. Carine Lucas, Patrick Steyaert, Kim Mens. CSMR '97: Proceedings of the 1st Euromicro Working Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering.
- Reuse Contracts: Managing the Evolution of Reusable Assets. Patrick Steyaert, Carine Lucas, Kim Mens, Theo DHondt'. Proceedings of the Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA 1996).