Created by mens at September 30, 2011.
The Université catholique de Louvain invites applications for a faculty position for the academic year 2012-2013 (starting date: 1st September, 2012) in the field of PROGRAMMING SYSTEMS.
Vacancy Reference: 961/EPL/INGI7/2012 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
The successful candidate will carry out research in the field of programming systems, including but not limited to programming languages, adaptive software, artificial intelligence, algorithmics, software analysis and synthesis. Still, other areas of competence will also be considered, since qualifications take precedence over specialization.
The succesful candidate will have teaching assignments at the Bachelor, Master and Graduate levels in the computer science curricula organized by the Louvain School of Engineering. The Master level courses are taught in english.
Professor Luc Vandendorpe : luc [period] vandendorpe [snail] uclouvain [period] be
Phone: +32(0)10 47 2312
Secretary: +32(0)10 47 2597
Tasks: The applicant will
- be responsible for teaching courses at all the study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- supervise the final diploma work (i.e. master thesis) of undergraduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications: The applicant must have
- a PhD degree in computer science or equivalent qualifications;
- a significant scientific record proven by international publications;
- either studied abroad for an extensive period or had substantial experience outside UCL;
- experience in and aptitude for teaching at university level;
- the capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings in his or her courses;
- creativity and must be open to pedagogic innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- the capacities required to undertake academic research at a high level and to advise, or lead, a research team;
- a good knowledge of both spoken and written French. If this is not the case, the applicant should be willing to learn French within 2 years;
- fluency in English;
- fluency in yet other languages is an additional advantage;
- the capacity to teach in French and English.